Tuesday 28 October 2014

Week in the Life

So this week i'm taking a little break from catching up on my Project Life album.  Instead, i'm using that time to document a week in my life.  


What is it?  A "Week in the Life" (WITL) is a documentary project capturing the simple everyday details of life with photos and words,  from the mundane to the profound.  Ali Edwards started this amazing project, she is just so inspirational! To get more information, ideas & products from her website click here

This is the very first time I have attempted this project, and I must say i'm thoroughly enjoying the process.  It is helping me to focus on the little things and appreciate all that I have been blessed with in life. My goal is to preserve those thoughts, feelings, moments, stories & images within this album.



I didn't buy Ali's WITL kit, I figured I had enough here at home so decided to wing it.  I did purchase a Becky Higgin's 6x8 album, popped in some page protectors and slipped in cards from Heidi Swapp's Dreamy Project Life kit.  I also purchased BH journal pages , I will be writing on these & placing them between the photo pages.





I printed off Ali's free planning pages & have used those as a base to document our days.  I am doing mine a little different to how Ali suggests.  Instead of a chronological timeline of the day i'm going for a theme each day.  I've set my days out into the following categories to base my photos around: Monday - Currently, Tuesday - AM routine, Wednesday - PM routine, Thursday - Quoted, Friday - Foodie, Saturday - View from..., Sunday - Observations.  Under each of those categories I have written suggestions for photos to capture & stories to write.



So far so good, I am on task & looking forward to filling this very special album with memories of our life.  Hope to share it with you all soon :)

Thanks for looking & keep creating!
Xx Marissa

2 comments:

  1. Wow I love your idea for themed days and love this little album I may have to get one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mel :) We'll see how it all turns out! I love the album too, so fitting for doing a week in the life!

      Delete